Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Gyaru Without Brand - Summer Edition!

    Hello gals and guys!! Today I wanted to bring you an answer to a question I see asked often: Can I be gyaru without brand?
YES YES YES YES YES
    In fact, you can usually come up with the most unique outfits by NOT using brand!! You can pull out pieces no one has seen before! That's what gives you your own unique edge!
    So here are my fave summer outfits without any gyaru brand pieces!!

    But first....kitty. This is Skittles and she's a sweet but grumpy old lady.
    Disclaimer: I know not everyone has thrift stores or second hand stores in their country. That does limit your options. However, it's still totally 100% doable! I'll be including the names of stores I purchased from as well!!

Here We Go!!!

Dress: Juicy Couture, thrifted from Goodwill
Purse: Caribbean Joe, thrifted from Eco Thrift
Stitch: Gifted
Hawaiian necklace, Turtle necklace: Thrifted from Eco Thrift
Flower clips: Amazon
Hair scrunchies: Amazon
Shell bracelet: Thrifted


This outfit would be perfect for a day at the beach, as a swimsuit coverup, or just for a day of sightseeing!

Snack theme, anyone?
Dress: Thrifted from Goodwill
Purse: Target
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Thrifted from Eco Thrift
Earrings: Depop

I'd love to wear this one for a lunch date with friends!

Listen, I've found an obsession with tiedye.
Dress: Thrifted from Goodwill
Shoes: XMISTUO on Amazon
Purse: Sanrio, Depop
Flower Clips: Amazon
Necklace: Thrifted from Eco Thrift
Earrings: WalMart
Bracelet: Gifted


Tan Hello Kitty is best Hello Kitty!!!
I wore this outfit to the movies, and it was so comfy!

Dress: Thrifted from Goodwill
Purse: Sanrio, gifted
Shoes: I don't remember!
Hair clips: Amazon
Necklace: IG: kawaii_panda_shop
Bracelet: Gifted


This dress has such a funky pattern, I absolutely love it! And who doesn't want an easy, breezy dress for summer?

Dress: Mercari (America)
Purse and card holder: Daiso
Necklace, earrings, bracelet set: Goodwill online
Butterfly clips: Target



Did I mention I'm obsessed with tiedye? How perfect is this dress!

Dress: Handmade from a thrifted muumuu
Hat: Ebay
Shoes: Unsure
Bag: Betsey Johnson, bought at TJ Maxx
Earrings: Forever21
Necklace: IG: kawaii_panda_shop


I found this muumuu in the prettiest print but new I had to upcycle it. I used a bikini to shape the top of it, and made a matching headband/hat strap!

    I hope you found these helpful and/or inspirational! Let me know if you want more posts about Gyaru without brand!! And let me know which outfit is your favorite!

11 comments:

  1. I love how summery and tropical everything looks!
    Makes me want to give it a try. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen of summer looks releasing her secrets, finally πŸ˜©πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜ All these coords are so perfect πŸ˜πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!!!! My faves are the funky maxi and the first coord in turquoise (blue shades are my summer boomXD)
    I'm a strong believer in off brands for gal, I think it makes us more creative and it's more fun that way^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my faves too!! And definitely. It gives everyone their own flare!

      Delete
  4. Gosh these are all so lovely. I think my favourite is the pink customised dress, did you make it all by yourself?
    It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did make it all myself! I finished the fashion program at my college <3 Super helpful for customizing my gal wardrobe!

      Delete
  5. All of these coords are perfect ToT Makes me wanna do this too! I have a ton of non-brand!
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOd I can't even pick a favorite, they're all too good!!! The tie-dye dresses are to "dye" for! lol and I'd love to see another "gyaru without brand" post :D
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU! AND I LOVE MANBA! I WANT TO BE ONE
    LETS BRING MANB AND KURO GYARU TO 2020
    keep on blogging BABE

    ReplyDelete