Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

A Chat With Lizzie Bee!

A Chat With Lizzie Bee!



Hey Lizzie! Thanks so much for taking time to chat with me! Today I wanted to talk about gyaru blogging. There has been an influx of new gal blogs (mine included) during quarantine, and I was curious to talk to a blogging vet about all things blogging!!

So to start! How long have you been blogging? What got you into it?


Hey Kelsey! Thank you so much for having me. Oooh gosh, I think I started blogging way back in 2010 when I was still in Sixth Form/College. I was using LiveJournal at the time and started writing my own little “diary” entries about my everyday life. Back then I was really interested in Anime but more focusing on the clothes that they wore (and I rediscovered my love for Hello Kitty at that time, too) and wanted to find a fashion similar to that.


I then found out about Lolita and thought, “Hey! This is awesome!” and so I wanted to write about my experiences but soon realized that Lolita wasn’t really my thing… So I did a little bit of digging and discovered gyaru and wanted to record my journey to being a fully-fledged gal! 



That’s so awesome! So you did a little bit of digging and found the style that suits you!
So what has been your favorite part of blogging? Which parts are more of a struggle?


My favourite part is that a blog is your little corner of the internet that you have total freedom over and can be used to record your life. Sometimes I look back at posts that I wrote in 2010 and even though they’re incredibly cringey, they make me so happy to read and remember those moments where I was first learning about something!


But this doesn’t come without struggles… Blogging has changed so much over the years as it’s now become a business/full-time job for some people, so there’s a lot of pressure to be more “editorial” and professional. I’ve often fallen into the trap of feeling that my blog wasn’t good enough and that I wasn’t getting as many views because I was comparing myself to those who were doing it professionally, but I realize that, you know, this is just something that I really enjoy doing and that’s all that matters!



It’s definitely such a huge struggle not to compare yourself to others. I know we have talked about that before, how much pressure can come with it! What do you do when you feel pressured or like you’re not doing enough?


I have to admit… I’m not actually very good at coping with these feelings! I usually mope around, maybe talk to my friends about it, but then I get stuck straight in and create more content to try and push those thoughts aside. I think I’ve just got to remember that sometimes I’m comparing myself to people who have a whole team behind their blog and that I am just one individual. 



When you get stuck, how do you think of new ideas? Do you get inspired by certain things?


This is going to sound so incredibly stupid but the more I blog, the easier it is to generate new ideas. I’ve never really gone through a writers’ block before and very rarely take breaks, and when I do have a “break” I still have posts scheduled so that no one would notice that I’ve actually taken a week off from posting. This might seem exhausting, but I think my mind just forces itself to come up with new ideas because of the fact that I have a set posting date and time.


I find inspiration pretty much everywhere. I find that if I’m happy in life in general, then I’ll be inspired to write for my blog. I love reading other blog posts - not just gyaru blogs, but other blogs like lifestyle and Western fashion - and I feel like this gives you a different point of view because you are open to outside influences (if that makes sense).
My best advice is that if you are in a slump, dress up, and write about your outfit! Or create a moodboard and share the things you want to buy. Or share your favourite makeup products. You know - share the stuff that you use/do/wear everyday that doesn’t require a lot of research and work. There are so many “easy” posts you can write that act as little exercises for your blogging-brain. 



That’s such great advice! I know I’ll be using that myself!
What advice do you have for new gyaru bloggers?


Write about anything and everything and don’t hold yourself back. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to express yourself! Your blog is the only thing that you yourself can control - and that isn’t governed by any silly algorithms so make it your space that you’re happy with. Also… Interact with other bloggers! Drop little comments, like their stuff, retweet or share their articles. Choose community over competition!



Lizzie's Links!
https://www.facebook.com/hellolizziebee/
How and where to buy gyaru brand - https://www.hellolizziebee.com/where-how-to-buy-gyaru-brand/

2 comments:

  1. Two of my fave gal bloggers in one post 😍❤💕 This interview was very insightful 💖 It's always nice to hear Lizzie's perspective on blogging, especially since she's been doing it consistently for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun read~ I love Lizzie's tips on what to write about and specifically where to get inspiration from. Also that last bit about commenting / interacting with other blogs is so true, it makes blogging a whole lot more fun!
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete