Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2020

10 Weeks of Gyaru Blogging: Then and Now!

    My gal journey began somewhere around 2010, but up until 2017 or so I didn't even know an online community existed! It was not something I had come across, so I never got any critique on my makeup, and thought I was fine! Honestly I doubt I could have handled the criticism back then, so I'm happy that I didn't find the community until later on!

    Here are some looks from my first year seriously trying gyaru, in 2017. I had done looks before but they were just for fun and not something I'd fully classify as gyaru, now. I was doing mostly vkei looks at this point so I was trying to stay out of the sun whenever possible, and keep my skin as light as I could!!! Here is where I started with gyaru:






    And here is where I am, late 2019 and 2020!!! I think the biggest differences that I absolutely recommend for ALL MANBAS are: Tan, Contacts, Lashes!!!!!! As you can see, those three things made a huuuuuge difference! Of course I changed shapes and messed around with different lines, but essentially all that stayed very similar. But proper upper lashes, contacts, and a tan really help so so much! Especially when you want that white makeup to pop. Look at the difference between my pale skin manba and tan skin manba!!





    While critique from the community helps, the biggest thing is to really study the looks you love and want to emulate. Studying the exact shapes and replicating them on your own face then gives you freedom to tweak how you'd like! I'm still changing constantly, always doing something new so I don't get bored!

    What about you! Do you cringe looking back at your looks? Do you think you learned a lot from past attempts? What do you wish you had learned sooner?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have that "I wish I had learned sooner" thought often!

    I love both then and now looks! My fave is the 1st one with the hair poof and hello kitty plush (♥A♥ )~ The shaping and contouring was still on point! I'm still learning with contouring tbh lmao
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete